New JBoss Portal, Customized Dashboard Builder and Seurat View Raise Commentary From Leading Industry Analysts
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)– GroundWork Open Source, Inc. (GWOS, www.gwos.com), the leader in commercial open source systems and network management software, today announced the general availability of GroundWork Monitor 6.0.
The new GroundWork Monitor 6.0 is a sleeker, easier-to-use application, with a completely revamped user interface based on JBoss Portal and includes a powerful dashboard builder for both Community Edition users and Enterprise subscribers.
Cameron Haight, research VP for Gartner, commented, “The folks at GroundWork Open Source are going to include what they call a ‘Seurat View’ in version 6.0 of their GroundWork Monitor…they’re onto clearly one of the problems in today’s increasingly virtual environments and that is how can we display information in a meaningful way for a large number of managed objects? Traditional tree- and topology-style views just don’t seem appropriate for a dynamic, virtual environment, let along one that may soon expand into the cloud world.” http://blogs.gartner.com/cameron_haight/
“Large enterprise deployments make up 49 percent of GWOS’s customer base, making it imperative for our software to fit the demands for large, heterogeneous environments,” said Simon Bennett, senior director of product management. “The newest version of GroundWork Monitor supports a wider variety of user roles and allows for easy integration with the entire enterprise ecosystem.”
Version 6.0 updates all versions of the GroundWork Monitor product family, from the free GroundWork Monitor Community Edition to the subscription-based GroundWork Monitor Enterprise product. GroundWork Monitor 6.0 offers:
• Advanced security and customization — New user interface based on JBoss Portal enables fine-grained, role-based access controls and a high level of customization.
• Increased productivity and quick troubleshooting — Redesigned Status Viewer based on customer feedback, provides availability and performance data in a single view – aiding troubleshooting and reducing time needed to investigate issues.
• Enhanced tools for large deployments — Embedded, context-sensitive event console for accessing performance, status and event information in one view; and “Seurat View” to access the status of hundreds of hosts and services performance.
• Tailor–made monitoring — Easily create and tailor as many personal and role-based dashboards for any specific need.
• Quick migration and easier integration — Technical changes provide new extension points, new APIs, and tight integration with authentication systems as well as assuring fast migration from Nagios and earlier versions of GroundWork Monitor.
GroundWork Monitor 6.0 provides developer reference material, documentation, and sample code to help extend the platform. Download developer documents including an SDK with example code via the new 6.0 GroundWork Developer’s Portal: http://www.gwos.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
To learn more about what’s new GroundWork Monitor 6.0 please visit: http://www.gwos.com/products/whats-new-6.0.html
About GroundWork Open Source (GWOS)
San Francisco-based GWOS (http://www.gwos.com) is the market leader in commercial open source network and systems management software, delivering enterprise-class network, system and application management solutions at a fraction of the cost of proprietary solutions.
GWOS’s best of breed approach gives customers the flexibility to use diverse open source and proprietary technologies together under a unified interface, allowing users to leverage the advantages of open source while simultaneously preserving existing investments in legacy management tools. GWOS’s solutions are in use at organizations like Crocs, National Australia Bank, Siemens, Travel Click and World Bank.