Let the ride begin…: Eclipse button problem with Kubuntu 9.10

I ran into this issue while installing the Google App Engine… a quick description of the problem is that some buttons in Eclipse were not responding (doing nothing) after I upgraded to Karmic Koala, after checking the log file, network connection settings and some other things that didn’t work I decided to ask the oracle (Google) about it and after a while I found a simple and quick solution here.
Just create an executable file with the following content:
 #!/bin/sh  
 export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1  
 /opt/eclipse-3.5/eclipse  

Now back to coding 😉

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*
To prove you're a person (not a spam script), type the security word shown in the picture. Click on the picture to hear an audio file of the word.
Anti-spam image