New features have been added to the new documents editor:
– Comment scrolling
– Look up words in dictionary
– Insert special characters dialog
– Localized measurement units (metric for non-US users)
How to access what’s new:
– Comment scrolling: Whenever you click in a comment it will now scroll so that it’s directly beside the associated text.
– Dictionary: Select a word in your doc, you can look up the definition for that word by going to ‘Tools’ then ‘Define…’.
– Special Characters: Click ‘Insert’, then ‘Special characters’.
– Metric Units: If your language is set to ‘English US’, your ruler will be set in inches. All other locales will now see the ruler with metric units but this will soon be a setting that you can modify.
For more information:
How to enable the new editor: http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.com/2010/04/preview-of-new-google-documents-editor.html