Version 1.9 of Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook® has been released with the following new features:
– If Outlook® crashes or doesn’t shut down properly during a sync, the utility starts the sync again from a point preceding the crash or improper shutdown. This new method ensures that you won’t be missing any messages.
– New resync options are available in the Synchronization Status dialog box:
Overwrite: Overwrites your local profile with data from the cloud, updating just the data type you selected (mail, contacts, or calendars).
Delete and resync: Deletes data from your Outlook profile, then re-syncs with the cloud to repopulate your profile with data from Google.
– More additional fields are supported in the Dynamic Global Address List.
– A new dialog box has been implemented that lets you set the size of your local mailbox and offers some insight into which setting to use.
How to access what’s new:
1. Update Google Apps Sync
– If you installed Google App Sync: Updates are checked for and downloaded to your computer automatically.
– If your administrator installed Google Apps Sync: Updates are downloaded to your computer automatically, if your administrator enables automatic updates.
2. For the update to go into effect:
– If you have Windows XP: Restart your computer.
– If you have Windows Vista: Restart Microsoft Outlook.
For more information: