Server Team 20090908 meeting minutes « Ubuntu Server Blog

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online
with the irc logs here.

UEC images

There was a discussion on how to track bugs affecting UEC images. The outcome was to use the “uec-images” tag. ubuntu-bug and apport should also use it when filling bugs from an UEC image.

Test cases have been updated to include an EC2 test of the UEC images. That should be enough for now to make sure the UEC images are working correctly.

ACTION: smoser to tag existing UEC image bugs with “uec-images”

ACTION: mdz to follow up on ubuntu-bug/apport for uec images


The release process for EC2 images was reviewed in view of Alpha6 scheduled for next week.

ACTION: soren to ensure that smoser can update the UEC publishing scripts

ACTION: smoser to add MD5SUMs for UEC images

ACTION: soren to add manifest files for UEC images

ACTION: smoser to open dialog with IS about automated publishing to EC2 and agree on a plan

ACTION: soren to automate updating of ec2-version-query

ACTION: soren to publish ec2-version-query in a more appropriate place

The state of the EC2 kernel was also discussed. zul reported that a 2.6.31-rc6 kernel based on the Xen patches had been successfully booted on ec2. Merging the patch into the karmic tree was under way.

ACTION: mdz to confirm ec2 kernel status for alpha 6

ACTION: smoser to add ec2-images tag to the relevant bugs

ACTION: mdz to see that bug documentation is updated for uec-images, ec2-images tags

ACTION: nijaba to fold #ubuntu-ec2 and #ubuntu-cloud into #ubuntu-server

Packaging and integration of Eucalyptus 1.6

As agreed with the Eucalyptus team relevant bugs should be tagged with ‘eucalyptus’. soren announced that Eucalyptus 1.6 had landed in Karmic. The installer experience has been reviewed by the Eucalyptus team and bugs have been filed. cjwatson is looking at them.

ACTION: soren to triage all eucalyptus bugs, and use the ‘eucalyptus’ tag for bugs which should be escalated to the eucalyptus team

Alfresco appliance

The main blocker to produce an appliance was the dependency on Sun jdk. Its EULA needs to be accepted by the end user when deploying the appliance.

ACTION: kirkland to build a proof of concept alfresco appliance

Appliance store

niemeyer reported that most of the code had been written. The store UI has already been integrated in Eucalyptus 1.6.

ACTION: mathiaz to get niemeyer’s proxy code packaged

Canonical application support

ACTION: zul to ensure rabbitmq-server gets reviewed and promoted

Directory items

2.4.18 has been released on Sunday and the FF Exception has been granted.

ACTION: mathiaz to upload openldap 2.4.18


mathiaz reported the spec was implemented. More testing is welcome.

KVM-QEMU testing

kirkland noted that most of the bugs on kvm / qemu were reported after RC. He asked for ways to increase the testing of kvm in the development release.

ACTION: kirkland to speak with marjo about how to get qemu-kvm tested prior to release (and more generally server applications like it)

Server developer team in LP for ArchiveReorganisation

Package sets are available in Launchpad, and cjwatson was looking for the appropriate teams to have privileges on them. But there didn’t seem to be an appropriate team for Server Edition. If the server team wants to take advantage of the ability to provide upload privileges for server bits without requiring core-dev, somebody will need to sort it out.

ACTION: mathiaz to get a server dev team set up in LP and work with cjwatson to get it set up for archive reorg

Assigned and to-be-assigned bugs

The list will be used to keep track of active bugs in the team. The list needs to be reviewed and kept up-to-date.

Progress on Roadmap

The ServerTeam Roadmap is not up-to-date.

ACTION: ttx to update server team Roadmap to reflect current projects


The Debian VOIP hasn’t responded yet.

ACTION: Daviey to call for testing of Asterisk 1.6

SRU review

ACTION: mathiaz to produce a list of accepted bugs for packages related to the ubuntu-server team.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, September 15th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

3 thoughts on “Server Team 20090908 meeting minutes « Ubuntu Server Blog”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To prove you're a person (not a spam script), type the security word shown in the picture. Click on the picture to hear an audio file of the word.
Anti-spam image