Akismet is one of the plugins that every
WordPress set up file and works like a charm. Once installed, Akismet keeps a on all comments made on your blog and if it suspects anything suspicious, it marks them as blogger use. Aksimet is free, regularly updated, comes inbuilt with spam and send to the spam folder. But many new users get confused when they try to activate Akismet and it asks for a API key to get activated. Don’t worry, API key for Akismet plugin comes for free and it takes just a minute to generate your unique
WordPress API key.
Remember that unless and until you get a
wordpress API key, Akismet spam feature won’t work on your blog. However you can generate one Akismet key and use that on all your blogs to activate Akismet.
How to Activate Akismet
- Navigate to WordPress and sign up for a free account.
- When asked, select the second option – “Just a username, please.“
- After successful registration,
WordPress will send a verification email to your email. Remember to provide actual email address.
- Open that email and scroll down to find
WordPress.com API key. It looks like the below screenshot.
- Copy that API key and paste in your Akismet API Key field. Click on Update.
- Now you have got your Akismet plugin successfully verified.
- You are done.
Remember to keep that email safe. You might need that API key no to verify Akismet on other